Every one says that one of the season in California is "Fire Season". Well, unfortunately that seems to be true and unfortunately, that season began today. Once again, we have fire raging all around us. We can see billows of smoke over our mountain tops. It was incredibly windy today, which really doesn't help the fire situation. It was so windy, that our backyard iron-shade-thingy blew into little pieces. I heard it crash and I went running outside just in time to see two of the iron pillars heading over our block wall. So, I grabbed onto it (think Mary Poppins) and heaved it back over to our side. Then, I didn't know quite what to do. I had a mangled mess of iron and tarp. So, I did what any logical girl would do...I put the girls Barbie jeep on top of the tarp so it couldn't go anywhere.Andy is home now and is outside as we speak taking apart the shade. the whole thing was unsalvagable. It only took us 5 years to get some sort of shade out there. At least our house isn't in the line of fire...yet!!
6 comments:
Ugh! Sorry about your shade cover you so patiently waited to have, but way to try and save it Mary Poppins.
So eerie driving down McBean tonight and seeing the flames on the ridge in the distance.
can't we have anything nice? all you were asking for was a little shade. I hope you guys stay out of the line of fire in deed. And i hope nothing else blows away, or falls apart on you.
Sorry Jen. I know how much you liked your shade thing. You can't even go out and buy a new one now because all the winter stuff is out. It is always something with you guys.
Like you said. At least we are in no danger of any of the fires. That is a good thing.
The one thing I don't miss about So. CA. Sorry about your shade umbrella thing. Stay safe.
Sorry about your shade cover. That sucks. I hope all of you in the middle of fire season stays safe :)
I've been reading your blog for a while, so since I comment on Jasons and Pumkin Delights I decided I should comment on yours as well. I find you funny.
Quick question: What was it about the lead lunch bags again? I can't remember.
Peace
Hey funny the lead lunch bags came up again. I was at Whole Foods yesterday and they sell cute kids lunch bags that say they are lead-free as well as phalate-free and whoever knows what else is a toxin-free.
Post a Comment