Thanksgiving Day didn't start out quite the way I planned. I had had a headache for the past 3 days and chalked it up to an oncoming sinus infection like everyone else in my family. But, by about 10:00 a mother of a
migraine took me down. It was bad. So bad, in fact that I had to take 2 of my migraine
meds. I NEVER take two. I spent the better part of the morning on Olivia's bed being thankful for darkness, quiet, migraine medicine, and a husband who knows how to keep the kids quiet while I recover.
Finally, at about 2:00, I was ready to go. We spent Thanksgiving at my mom's house.
.JPG)
Doesn't she set a pretty table? She's so Martha-
ish.
.JPG)
I set the girls up with a craft I remember making in elementary school. They made turkey feathers out of gumdrops. Then, they poked the toothpicks into the apple. They had more fun eating this than Thanksgiving dinner. Wonder why?
.JPG)
Olivia always has to do the olive-finger trick. Becky and I used to do it too. Tradition!
.JPG)
Here's the hostess with the
mostess,
Bon-
Bon Buckets!! She looks good for 61, doesn't she?
.JPG)
Now it's time to carve the turkey...by the turkeys themselves!
.JPG)
He's so manly when he tears that bird apart!
.JPG)
Char Char and a very pregnant Becky ate for three. Well, he did at least.
.JPG)
Joann and Julie joined us this year for our Thanksgiving feast. Could they look any more alike?
.JPG)
Time to eat!!!
.JPG)
It was a very Happy Thanksgiving! I am very thankful for my family,
their health, my good friends, my new
niece, and that Andy and I both have jobs in these crazy times.
.JPG)
What are you Thankful for?
4 comments:
This blog was fast considering that I haven't even finished the Thanksgiving dishes and you have a blog up! Go ahead and inform the world how old I am!!
The pictures are great. I love our family and I love Thanksgiving.
What a beautiful post.
I feel your pain with the migraines.. I get one a year and it lasts for days.....knives in my eyes, puking, the whole enchilada.
Now we have to get on with the Holiday shopping frenzy!
This was so nice! Except for the migraine part. I love me some Burns-Lopez.
Oh, and are we absolutely sure Julie and her mom aren't actually twins?
How would one give birth to their own twin sister? Google that!
Have fun in FL!!!
Wow! What a nice Thanksgiving. No one is smoking or drinking too much or gambling or yelling or passing out. What's that like?
Beautiful pictures by the way!
Post a Comment