Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Great Christmas Debacle of 2008

So, my mom and dad stop over today to drop some things off for Christmas Eve. The girls tell Grandma that Little One will leave tonight until next year. So, my mom goes over to Little One and PICKS HIM UP and starts talking to him. My girls start screaming and crying "Don't touch him! He'll loose his magic!" My mom gets so startled that she drops Little One ON THE GROUND and the girls cry with hysteria. "He's ruined. You made him loose his magic."

Moral of the story...when trying to keep up a Christmas tradition...let people know the rules. Little One can not be touched because he will loose his magic.

And now Christmas is ruined.

UNTIL...Mommy saves the day. The girls are busily watching Dora Saves Christmas and I am vacuuming the rest of the house in preparation for tonight's festivities. I sneak over...move Little One and attach a note that reads,"Don't worry girls, your Grandma didn't ruin Christmas."

Oh, I kid. It said,"Girls, I am still magic and I love you." They bought it hook line and sinker and their hearts are no longer broken.

That was a close one.

7 comments:

Hula Hank said...

Did the note say "PS - I put a curse on Grandma, and from here on out, all of her Christmas cookies will be burnt!"?

Unknown said...

Sometimes no matter what a Grandma does...it's all wrong! I'm so glad the day was saved and Little One is magical again.

Who's Little ONe?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, "Lurker" Terri here...ok I have to say when I was reading your post I laughed out loud!! Your poor Mom! I could just see her. You are way to funny. Merry Christmas to you, Andy and the Girls!! I miss Little One, these are great memories for your girls!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! I can just see the drama in your house. You are superwoman J-Lo, you saved Christmas.

mitzi said...

Our elf, Buddy, hit the floor in a terrible door-slamming incident a few days ago. The kids were hysterical but it was decided that someone had to pick him up to save his little life. He's magic still. :)

Jason, as himself said...

Oh, boy. That was one big debacle if there ever was one. How long do you think you'll be able to keep this up?

And, since I know you are so religious and stuff, here is my question of the season:

Why, to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, do we tell our kids the biggest whopping lie we will ever tell them in their lives?

I know, I know, it's fun and stuff. But how did this all get started?

Maybe Little One knows the answer. Since he's magic.

Anonymous said...

Remember, in a few years when they're devastated..their Auntie Julie gave them "Little One"!!

Love ya,

KMilty