Wednesday brought us to the Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is the biggest Disney park and is divided into lands like Asia, Africa, and Dino Land. My trusty guide book told me to head to the Kilimanjaro Safari first because the animals would be awake and ready for a feeding. The guide book was right. I felt like Pumpkin Delight in Africa seeing a family of giraffes, elephants, and hippos. It was very cool. Next up, Andy suggested a walking tour to see more animals. Something you might not know about me is animals aren't really my thing. I don't wish harm upon them, I just don't feel all warm and cozy about them. So, I begrudgingly took the hike to see more animals. Andy wants me to make sure and tell you that he was right. The trek was worth it. We saw birds, and snakes, and monkeys, but the big ticket item was the gorillas. I've never seen gorillas so up close and personal. Not only were they close, but they were actually active. You know how when you go to a zoo the animals just lie there (or is it lay?). Well, at Disney they don't! What left the biggest impression on my girls is when the gorilla pooped and ate it! Good family memories. They also liked when the gorilla bent over and showed the audience his butt. Don't worry, I have pictures to show you!
Expedition Everest is a new ride at Animal Kingdom. Bella loves to ride roller coasters so she was all set to ride this one, too. I asked a couple that had just come off how it was and they said, "Great!" I asked if it was appropriate for a 6 year old and they said, "Yes!" So, off we went. The premise behind the ride is that some explorers on Everest come across a Yeti. The riders are to be on the lookout for the Yeti. So, we board the ride and it goes along nice and smooth, much like The Gold Rush or the Bobsleds. No big deal. Then we go up a very steep hill (Just don't look down, I kept telling myself) into the mountain called Everest. Well, that's where all hell broke loose. The ride comes to a stop at the top of the hill where it looks like the Yeti has broken the track. It's all mangled and there is no where else for us to go. So the FREAKIN' ride goes B.A.C.K.W.A.R.D. I put my six year old on a roller coaster that goes backward. Mother of the Year. The backward part that was so disconcerting was when it went up a very steep hill. There was nothing to hold onto (there was just a lap bar) and it made you feel like you were falling. It was terrible. Then the ride went forwards down big hills and twisty turnies. By the end of the ride, Bella was in tears. It was awful.
The next part of the day took us to a bird show. I know. My dad and Andy had a bug about watching the bird show. So, I did what any good sport would do and I got myself an ice cream to eat while they waqtched the birds do the only thing birds know how to do. Fly. Oh, and take a dollar bill out of an audience members hand and fly it back to the oh-so-witty hostess for her to then, keep the dollar. Have we not seen this a million times? Oh, they just loved that bird show. Thought it was the greatest thing. Dumb, I say.
Next, we ( and I mean me) talked Grandma into riding a ride called Primeval Twister. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. She is a big chicken and gets scared at the littlest drops and hills. Plus, this ride spins the whole time. It is super fun and apparently scary to non-daredevil types. I had to plug Bella's ears halfway through the ride because of all of the "Shits!" someone kept screaming. It was a riot!
Tomorrow is a rest day with an appointment at the Bippity Boppity Boutique. There's going to be all kinds of fancy going on tomorrow, people. Stay tuned!
5 comments:
Well, the fun never ends! I especially liked the gorilla eating his own poop story.
I am particularly enjoying the fact that not all is going oh-so perfectly on this vacation as things usually go for the Burns-Lopez family. You've been thrown for some loops! You've been taking a lickin' but you keep on tickin'!
I will talk to you soon!
The gorillas at the San Diego Zoo throw their poop at the people staring at them...that would be us.
Granda J beat me to it but I was going to mention to be thankful that the Gorillas weren't throwing their poop!
Started laughing out loud about Bonnie on the roller coaster and having to cover the girl's ears.
I have an award for you. . .
Oh, jeese, I am trying to catch up on these last couple of posts. When I saw the "Scariest Place on Earth", I thought it was still the Waffle House post. :)
Sounds like good times at the big D. Are you home yet?
Post a Comment