Thursday, March 5, 2009

I've got issues

When I got home tonight there were workers on our street. I'm talking big trucks, generators, drilling thingys...major equipment. We were going out to grab a bite to eat and run a couple of errands. Andy, though, can never not know what is going on so he went and started chattin' the worker guys up. Turns out, they were replacing a transformer and were about to shut our power out for the night. For the night.
And this is what I thought:
"Holy crap! I've got all of my favorite shows on tonight and if the power is out, not only can I not watch anything...IT WON'T EVEN TIVO!!! "
I have issues.
Not to mention, we are leaving right after school tomorrow to head down to Disneyland to celebrate Papa's birthday. Happy Birthday Dad!!! I had all of my nightly routine stuff still to do:
get out clothes
pack lunches
clean out backpacks
pack for Disneyland

It made all of our nightly routine stuff very difficult. You know:
brushing teeth
finding pajamas
going potty
reading stories

I put everyone to bed and even laid in bed myself. It was about 7:30. I lay there, twiddling my thumbs thinking, "What did pioneers do at night after everyone was asleep?" When, what to my wondering eyes should appear? The lights! That's what! At 7:48 the lights came back on. Of course, since I've been blog-silent this week, I had to report in and tell you about my night. I hate to rush, but I have a lot of good stuff on tonight. You want to know what I'll be watching? Here's the run down:
Ugly Betty
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
America's Best Dance Crew season finale (my new favorite show)
American Idol Wild Card Show
My name is JLO, and I have a problem. (Don't worry, I really have no intention of watching all of this tonight. I'll save some for the weekend!)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate it when the power goes out. Luckily, my pc is wireless,and I have internet on my phone...but still, after a few minutes of blogging in the dark...I'd probably go to bed and twiddle my thumbs.
Have fun at Disney,and happy birthday to your dad.

Don't forget to enter my blog birthday contest!

Jason, as himself said...

Did you really watch ALL of those things in one night?

But I know what you mean about the power going it. It is frightening how dependent we are on electricity. We become totally disabled without it.

Have a fun time at my favorite place!

FishMama said...

I have just the ticket!

TV Turnoff Week is just around the corner.

Bwwaahaahaa!

mom x 2 said...

OMG I love America's Best Dance Crew!! And I love my DVR. Especially when watching American Idol. Gotta love the ability to fast forward when the music hurts my ears!

Have fun at Disneyland! And Happy Birthday to your dad :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for another laugh!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!

Hey maybe Livvie and your dad can do a guest blog on fashion and surprise color for spring!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Phew! I am so happy that they came back on just in the nick of time. Who is the phishwomen person...Turn off the TV Week, that sounds painful!
Have fun at Disneyland!

Unknown said...

If it wasn't for Gary I don't know if I would ever watch tv. Give me a book and I am happy as a lark. I do LOVE those Real Housewives though. The ridiculousness! It just drives me batty. I hope I see you or Pumpkin or Jason on an episode someday. You could be since you are in California too : ).

KMilty said...

Our TIVO unit "burned out" a few months ago. I completely freaked out because all of my shows were on there and the unit wouldn't even turn on. I was so desperate that I called Direct TV to see if there was anyway to save my shows. I stayed on hold FOREVER!!! The nice lady told me that there was no way to recover the shows and that a new unit would be delivered within 2 days. She must have heard the desperation in my voice because she suggested watching some of the episodes I missed online. Problem half-way solved! I got to watch episodes on CBS, NBC & ABC, but not on the other networks!!!

Chris says that I have a problem, but I KNOW that you'll side with me!!! Somehow we ended up with a DVR downstairs and one upstairs so now we can record 4 shows at one time. This comes in handy on Thursday evenings. See, it doesn't take much to make me happy!