I nervously waited in the waiting area, trying to keep Olivia awake. A nice male nurse brought us a real ice pack. The bump was so bad that people kept asking me what happened to her. After an hour, we were finally looked at. Head trauma, who? What doctor did we get? Oh yes, the mean doctor. Figures. She wasn't mean to me tonight though. I think she could tell how upset I was. By this time, Olivia had perked up and was staring to talk again. They sent her for head x-rays to make sure that she hadn't cracked her skull. So, three hours later we know this...Olivia is fine. No cracks in her skull, no vomiting, and no dizziness. I had to wake her up at 1:00 in the morning to make sure she could be woken up. And, yes she slept in my bed all night. How did I sleep? Well, every time I closed my eyes I saw her falling and heard the THUMP. I'm still sick thinking about it.
The funny thing is, if there is a funny thing, that through the x-rays, the doctor told me that Olivia's sinuses were almost completely closed. She needs to take allergy medicine. Oh, I said to my Mother of The Year self, this must be why she snores like a man! That, and she told me that I need to call my orthodontist now because she has a lot of crowding in her teeth. I can't believe that when she hasn't lost even one tooth yet, but I guess we'll see!
So, last spring break we had a broken elbow. This spring break a hematoma. Am I done now? Are those my two major injuries? Anyone have a Valium? Anyone? Anyone?
6 comments:
Oh my holy hell! This literally made me cry! Poor Olivia! I hope she's feeling better today. Give her a kiss (just not on her goose egg!) from her Auntie ChiTown!
Zoinks! That is terrible! And scary. I'm so sorry. At least the mean doctor was nice to you.
Hematoma,allergies and orthodontia all in one night, huh? Wow. I guess bad things do happen to good mothers of the year.
Connor fell last week head first into our wood trashcan in the kitchen. Not only did it bump out but it cut it open. Not enough to get stitches though. But, the first thing that came to my mind was Natasha Richardson. I think that will be burned in all of our heads for a long time. I'm glad to hear Livvie is ok. Kids have hard heads!!
Lisa
You need a martini... stat!
Oh my gosh. I can not believe this. I am SO thankful she is ok, but what a horrible thing to have gone thru...
I don't know why the mean Dr. mentioned the teeth. I mean really, it's not like you aren't dealing with a traumatic situation already. Why would she even throw that in? Jerk.
I'm pretty sure you should brace yourself, there are tons of other things you could deal with. Never ask if anything else could happen, because, I promise, God will show you that it can.
Post a Comment