Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What Will You Celebrate?

I had the brilliant idea to go to Disneyland on my actual birthday so I could get the $59 gift card. Knowing that we had the recital, I booked a hotel room so that we could get to Disney on my birthday, but not go to the park until the next day when we were refreshed. You see, the website says that if you are an annual pass holder, instead of getting in free on your birthday, you get a gift card for the price of admission. The catch is, you HAVE to go on your birthday. So, after the dance recital, we headed down to the happiest place on earth. I walked up to the ticket counter to proudly display my ID and receive my card. Much to my dismay, the lady informed me that if your pass has a blackout date on your birthday(which mine did) you can only get in the park for free. You can not get a gift card. Well, I didn't want to go into the park alone! All my hopes and dreams of a new hoodie were out the window. Damn you Walt!
I chose not to let this incident ruin my birthday. We had a lovely dinner, went back to the hotel room, and watched fireworks from our beds. (Hula Hank, they were actual fireworks in the sky...not in my bed) It was a great way to end the day.
On Sunday, we got to the park when it opened (So key. Never crowded when it first opens.) and got the chance to see so many characters. The girls never tire of this. We saw Sleeping Judy ;) Snow White, Mulan, Goofy, Pluto, Queen of Hearts, Pinocchio, Alice and the Mad Hatter, Mickey, and Chip. We almost saw Minnie and Mary Poppins, but they were leaving as we got to the front of the line. Darn it! Livvie even rode Pirates with me since it was my birthday!

The girls are under there somewhere!
Can you believe Jason hates Disneyland so much that he wouldn't even go with me on my birthday? Weird.



8 comments:

mom x 2 said...

Awww, I love Disney! I would have gone with you on your birthday :) Happy Birthday!

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm with Jason! But, I'm glad you had such a great birthday!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a good one!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

That's why I hate Disneyland too! They are the richest company on earth and they pull that. What a bunch of dummies.

Unknown said...

How can anyone hate Disneyland? I dream of taking Kaish there one day. I just have to get a real job first!

Happy Birthday JLo! When is your actual Birthday? I think all the coolest people are born in June!

Jason, as himself said...

FIGURES! I'm glad you didn't let it ruin your birthday but I'm letting it ruin your birthday for me! Sons of guns!

Only kidding. I'm not bitter about Disneyland. I just find it so BORING.

And if you had invited me to go on your birthday, I would have gone, gladly, cuz you're my little Jen-Jen. At least to see the fireworks in your bed.

mitzi said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I am glad you posted this because I was wondering about the blackout/gift card thing. 4 out of 5 of our birthdays are blackout days. Glad you had a good time. :)

Lacking Productivity said...

Blurg. How can Disney be such a mob cheap skates and I still can't resist them.