It started with the food pantry. I opened it up on Thursday morning and the entire cupboard was crawling with ants. I threw away 7 bags of food, sprayed, wiped, and gagged until my cupboards were clean again.
I woke up on Friday to ants in my glass cupboard. There was a row of ants, about 6 ants deep crawling from my ceiling into this cupboard. I sprayed, wiped, ran a load of dishes, and said a few curse words.
I woke up Saturday to ants crawling from behind the TV, through the red carpet, and under the couch. I sprayed, vacuumed, cursed, and made Andy do most of the work this time around.
I woke up on Sunday to ants inside my utensil drawer, on my phone, and over my counter tops. I won't tell you what I said or did this time.
We have lived in our house for 9 summers and never have we had an ant problem. I can remember one ant/syrup unfortunate event in the kitchen and one ant/ cough syrup event in the girls bathroom. Other than that...nothing! Yes, I have pest control. They were called two weeks ago and came to spray my kitchen. Unfortunately they were closed for the holiday weekend. So, literally every square inch of my kitchen/ family room has been sprayed, wiped, and cleaned. The pest control people called on Monday and came to say that there must be a COLONY of ants behind the walls of my kitchen. We needed to take EVERYTHING out of the cupboards (again) so that they could drill holes and spray behind the walls. So, begrudgingly I did this...crabbing the whole way...and we lived without a kitchen for 2 days. Tonight, after I got home from work I wiped everything down AGAIN, put everything back in the cupboards, and have my fingers crossed that this time the ants are gone for good.
I feel like I just moved into my house all over again.
10 comments:
Ugh! That is so annoying! I hope it works this time...they are such a nuisance.
Why didn't you say anything about this to me?
It is only because you are so sweet.
I feel your pain. My five zillion ants took up residence in my undies drawer.
I am so sorry ! This stinks! I hope the pest control did it's job and ants are a distant memory very soon!!
UGH!!! I hate ants! Hopefully they will go away for good now.
Oh, you poor baby!! I would STILL be letting the swear words fly!! I still haven't completely gotten rid of the ants that are invading my kitchen, but they don't sound nearly as bad as what you're dealing with, thank God!
I'm sure I'm the only one who would notice this, but I got a little giddy when I saw all the Pampered Chef stuff around your kitchen. I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!!
Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. What a ginormous nightmare!
Oh my gosh. This sounds horrific! You seriously must have the cleanest cabinets ever. Didn't you clean everything during spring break too? You are such an inspiration : ) I hope they go away soon!
Um, I hope you got to go out for dinner during the time your kitchen was out of commission. Only fair!
Post a Comment