Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another Sick Day


I took yet another sick day today to stay home with Bella. We have been hit by a pretty bad flu. Lots of fever, coughing, and stuffy noses around here. We are on week 3 of someone in our family not feeling well. So, instead of being anxiety ridden about what I need to do at work (which I totally am), I spent my time wisely today. I finished Olivia's party favors...

I baked pumpkin muffins...

I made tortilla soup ala Pumpkin Delight...

I even had the girls put together their Halloween treats for class next week. So, although I am super behind at work, I am caught up at home! I hope this is the end of it and we can all return to normal...whatever that means! :)

8 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Good for you!! I firmly believe in sick days! I'm thinking of taking one myself this week. I started feeling the scratchy/tickly throat last night, then was up most of the night because I couldn't breathe. All day today I've been sneezing and had a runny nose. I may just have to take the day off Friday. The kids are off for a staff development day, so it would be a good day to take. No sub plans needed!

I hope Bella is feeling better soon!

The muffins made my mouth water, by the way. So did the tortilla soup!!

Hula Hank said...

I had no idea that they actually make skull and crossbone cookie cutters! How awesome is that?

Can I make a remark about the cupcakes, although they look delicious and i am positive they taste delicious, do one of your family member not just attend a cupcake decorating class?

And I LOVE Pumpkin's Tortilla Soup recipe. It was a smash hit around here.

AND I hope that you are all feeling better soon, but with all the fun you are having being sick, is getting better a good thing??

sburns said...

First of all of love your fall background. Nothing wrong with having some time to get all organized. The party favors look great. This is going to be a fun party. I can't wait.

Kelly said...

Sounds like a day well spent! Except for the pretending not to be anxiety ridden part of course!

Those pumpkin muffins look great! I was going to make some this week, but decided on pumpkin bread at the last minute. Possibly because I am lazy!

Teacher Tom said...

Hmm, I think I prefer taking my sick days on the weekend. Just stay in bed and not worry about whether or not the substitute is wrecking my kids! =)

Jason, as himself said...

I want some of that soup. Now.

By the way, you had pepper stuck in your teeth today.

mom x 2 said...

Hope your family feels better soon!!! Can you send me some soup and muffins... they sure look yummy!

Unknown said...

He won!
Thank you for caring!
You are SO nice!
And totally ALMOST famous!
Hope you had a great time in the pink limosine with Jason and Company this weekend. I don't know how to spell that and I am WAY to lazy to google it!