Monday, October 12, 2009

Family Room Revamp

We've lived in our house now for 8 years. It was time to start making some upgrades. It all started with the couch fabric ripping, which turned into a new rug, different color paint, no more wallpaper. You know how the list starts and then you can't seem to stop. Well, see what you think...

Red paint before...

Chocolate brown paint after...

Plaid wallpaper before...

Paint after...

Shabby chic slipcover couch before...

Chocolate brown chenille after...
Did we do good? You can call us busy little beavers if you want.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I like the changes, the browns and the wall color. Nice!

ChiTown Girl said...

just lovely!! Good job :)

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I like it! Anything painted in brown works for me!

I didn't even realize you had wallpaper in the kitchen. Funny!

Becky said...

Love the changes! I think my favorite thing is how well the rug matches!! It was made for that couch!!

Hula Hank said...

I can't believe that you lived with little patch of red wall for so long!

Plus the furniture recovering? Divine!

Do my place next!!

Lacking Productivity said...

So cute!

Jason, as himself said...

Wow, I like it all. You didn't even tell me you were doing this! It looks really good.

Hula Hank said...

PS - not to be one of those annoying blogger english teachers who go around and slap people on the wrists, especially since I cannot properly place prepositions (or is it propositions) or conjegate verbs or even know what it means to conjegate a verb and if one can even conjegate with a verb, and obviously I cannot even write sentences that do not run-on or even have correct punctuation and every other word in this long drawn out boring sentence is spelt incorrectly BUT check your post title.

and if you already spotted it and don't care or it was done on purpose and now you are hating me with a passion, i allow you to punish me with martinis.

and then maybe you will forgive me when you notive how obviously uncomfortable sharing that bit of information with you, because, well, who am I to judge?

so forget everything i wrote, except the martini bit and keep the title as is because there is perfection in imperfection or do i mean there is success in failure or do i mean, "Bartender! Make it a double."

Anonymous said...

Love it.
That couch looks so cozy!

Jen said...

It looks great!