Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ace of Cakes


Aunt Becky got the girls an "Ace of Cakes" cupcake decorating kit for Christmas. You know the guy from the TLC show? He makes the amazing cakes. Well, the girls love to watch what he creates, plus they love to bake! Well, save your money because the kit was pretty lame (sorry, Becky). The cakes are microscopically small and the mixes are very particular and sensitive to error. I should know. ;)However, the girls had a good time playing Ace of Cakes anyway!

Liv is rolling out the fondant.

Livvie's masterpiece...

Bella's masterpiece.
I still think they had more fun eating the cake than making it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun is that? I like that guy : ) He seems nice. I never like skinny cooks or bakers. Something about them irks me! But that guy is so perfectly cute and chubby :)

The girls are adorable with their creations. One time I tried to make fondant and it did not taste good at all!

ChiTown Girl said...

Do the girls have an Easy Bake Oven? That was one thing my sister and I never got when we were kids, and we always wanted one. Of course, all our "American" friends had them, but mother didn't care. She would always say, "What do you need that for? How the hell are you supposed to bake a cake with a light bulb?! We have an oven! You want to bake a cake? Go! Bake a cake!"

She did always buy me these really cool mixes from Aunt Jemima (I don't think they make them anymore) that were for crumb cake. It came with a plastic bag that you dumped all the ingredients into (the mix, an egg and some milk, I think) then you squished the bag to mix it. It also came with this cardboard pan that you squeezed the batter into, topped it with the topping mix (kinda like a cinnamon struesel) and then you baked it! Yum! It was so good, and so easy. It was the first thing I ever "baked" by myself. Little did she know she was creating a Baking Monster.... ;-)

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

that's so cute! what a shame it wasn't very good. his cakes are amazing so should be the little kid ones.