Saturday, July 3, 2010

Uncle Casey's Birthday

We drove ALL. THE. WAY. to Dana Point today to celebrate Casey's birthday. It was a semi-surprise at his lovely house by the beach. Horsd'oevres and cocktails were served along with a tasty lunch. It was a cool breezy 74 degrees. Perfect.
The girls had a blast with Casey's nephews Austin and Shawn. Two of the kids are rule followers, two of the kids are rule challengers. I'll let you guess which is which! ;)


And let's not forget old Reedy Boy. He was a trooper today. 4 hours in the car plus a stop for dinner on the way home and not a peep out of him. The girls even earned some babysitting money for taking such good care of him!

And then there was the cake. Well, ALL of the deserts, really. But this cake just screamed my name. It was shaped like a cupcake, had 4 layers of cake, chocolate mousse, and chocolate buttercream frosting. I mean, seriously.

We love you Uncle Casey! Hope you have a great year!

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

This looks like a very fun family day trip...and you all survived. :)

Seriously, that cake is to die for. Must have been worth every single calorie. :)

Lacking Productivity said...

That cake is insane! I love it.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Looks like fun!

Jason, as himself said...

It looks like Casey had a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH Jlo! That cake looks AMAZING! I mean of course the children are delectable but that cake....... I just can't get over it. I feel like I need to go to the bakery right this second. Although, I think bakeries are closed at 6:35 PM but whatever. It looks amazing.

PS I love your blog. I think it is exciting and fun and I always feel like there is love here. Love is my favorite thing.

Remember when I used to comment like a million times on your blog and you never came over to say hi to me? I am so glad you decided to give me a chance because I LOVE being one of your hundred blog followers!