Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Boob

If you are squeamish...don't read this post!

So, I wanted to post a picture of my boob, but Andy wouldn't let me. He's such a party pooper! Why did I want to show you my boobs? Well, this week I had to get 2 large cysts aspirated from my boob. The war wound that I have left is a sight to be seen. You wouldn't believe how bruised and yucky it looks. Too bad, though cause Andy won't let you see it. So, I know you are dying to know all of the gory details. Don't worry, I've got you covered. So,the ultra sound reveals not one, but two large cysts. After three external numbing shots and probably 6 internal shots, we were ready to proceed. The first one was near the surface and fairly easy to get to. It filled up three syringes. The second cyst was deeper. Much deeper. When you have big 'ol boobs like I do, there is a lot of tissue to get to. She poked and prodded until she finally made it to the cyst. She drained another 2 syringes full of liquid from that bad boy. Yummy, huh? The good news is, these kinds of cysts have nothing to do with the cancer kind. I'm a freak about my boobs and always feel myself up (or let Andy do it!) just to be safe. I'm fine now, just a little sore. Couldn't help but share this story with you!

8 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

um....ouch! Tell Andy to be gentle for the next few days, huh? ;-)

Jason, as himself said...

Okay. As long as you promise it has nothing to do with cancer.

So not fun! I'd hate to have long needles stuck into my boobs!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, your poor sweet boobies.
Glad it is nothing bad, but still this was bad to go through.
I am glad you feel yourself up often, just to be safe you know.
:)

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

btw! andy didn't stop her from showing me! i saw it and almost threw up in my mouth a little. :)
i hope that's all there are.

Mark said...

I am not a "Boob" man myself but I feel for you anyway.
Take care and keep getting those exams.
By the way, the description was fine. I didn't need to see a picture. m.

Lacking Productivity said...

What is the deal? Haven't you had these several times before? Is there anything you can do about it?

Kate said...

I was so excited about the title of this post. Some people like to talk about poop, I'm a boobs girl. Boob would be in every title if I could get it. Also, a little annoyed that your husband doesn't want to show your boobs. My husband has the same weird thing.

Hope your boobies get back to normal so you can write about them lots more!

Just in case you want to read about my boobs (sorry no pictures)
http://www.recommendeddailydose.com/?p=91
http://www.recommendeddailydose.com/?p=3038
http://www.recommendeddailydose.com/?p=2913
Your welcome!

Cari Heys said...

Jen,
Dale got on your blog wondering "what's Almost Famous?" The first item was your boob story...now he's your favorite fan!!
Cari
P.S. He also saw you take a picture of your tree at "the hunt". I do too, and he thinks I'm crazy...know he knows there are others like me out there:)