Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Olivia's Concert!

One of the holiday traditions Americans hold dear is a Christmas program by school aged children. Well, last week the 2nd grade at my school put on the annual Holiday Traditions Around the World program. My Livvie girl, as you know is a 2nd grader this year so we got to share this experience together.
I direct all 125 kids in song. For a month we practice each day learning 9 songs in all. Think of me as the Will Shuster of 2nd grade. ;)
Of course, the entourage was, once again in tow.

Beauty had to go to the back of the MPR for awhile because she kept wanting,"Jen Jen." Love that!

Olivia wanted a speaking part in the program. She tends to be shy with individual attention, so I was nervous for her, but she did great! She spoke about Germany and said,"On December 24th, mother decorates the tree. She closes the door so we can not see."

Singing her little heart out!

I love this picture. It's like,"This is really cool or really embarrassing and I can't decide which!"

I'm thinking if I'm not careful the Almost Famous Girls are really going to be famous with all of this performing that's been happening around here!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love your little performer. She is so cute. And so sweet. I totally and completely miss having a little kid : ) My big tough fifth grader told me he 'died' when I took pictures of him during the christmas program... Darn it.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh how fun!!! Great pictures...so has the Glee producers called for all 3 of you yet???

ChiTown Girl said...

I can't wait til I can tell people, "Yes, they ARE totally awesome, and remember them from when they were itty, bitty girls!"

sburns said...

I'm going to miss seeing this program. We have seen it many times. It seems like yesterday that we watched Bella. Olivia sure looks cute. I think she had a lot of fun especially with her family setting in the front row. Having your daughter running the show has its perks!

Kelly said...

Yay. I love these type of things! And I miss them!! I love those smiles.