3rd grade is hard core. They have tons of homework, they have to memorize their multiplication facts, AND they learn to play a musical instrument. Today, the 3rd grade class gave the parents and the 2nd grade (I happen to belong in both of those categories! Win! Win!)a performance to show how much they have learned in music this year. They sang, played the sticks while reading music, and played several songs on the recorder. We have a terrific music program in our district. The kids are lucky to get to learn at such a young age and it makes our kids so well rounded!
My kid was the best recorder playin'

sign holdin'

stick hittin'

girl out there!
4 comments:
She is uber talented. I remember when Kaish was playing the recorder in the third grade. Boy am I glad that is over. That thing sounded like a dying goose : )
That's so cool that you guys have such an awesome music program. We lost our music programs many years ago. :(
Thank goodness for the music program and your wonderful music teacher. I'm sure it will be the next thing to be cancelled just because the kids love it and it is so good for them. There is more to school than testing!
She got the French one...my fave!
Post a Comment