Saturday, July 30, 2011

4th Grade

Our summer is winding down here. We've started our school shopping. My Bella is starting 4th grade. Upper grade...different playground...getting out of school 45 minutes later...it is a big deal. 4th grade seems so grown up when I have to buy things like 3-ringed binders, dividers, and spiral notebooks. She has all of her supplies laid out on her desk already, waiting the arrival of August 17th.

But then, at the same desk I see evidence that she's really not so grown up after all. And I am so thankful for that!

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Awwww....such a bittersweet time. I am glad that you see this and YOU embrace it. Those girls are so sweet and they have the best parents ever; they will do well.
School is right around the corner: SNAP!!!

ChiTown Girl said...

Aw...so sweet!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Did you forget that she's NOT getting out 45 minutes later anymore? Or have you blocked that part out of your mind. :)

I did some school shopping this week too. Ugh!

I can't believe you have a 3rd and 4th grader! We didn't get old did we?

Unknown said...

Would you believe that this made me cry. : ( I can't take the growing up thing.

sburns said...

Just yesterday I was rocking Bella singing Five Butterflies to get her to sleep and now she is in fourth grade. It is amazing how fast time flies. Bella is so mature in so many ways but she still loves her dolls and even a good cartoon. She is a very special little girl.