Friday, August 12, 2011

Last Days of Summer


We had our last official summer playdate on Monday. Hard to believe that our 9 week summer is coming to a close and I have to go back to work on Monday. *sigh* I always have all of these big plans in my head about how much I will accomplish with all of my summer free time. Well...
This summer I made my girls' online school scrapbooks.
But, I didn't clean out my linen closet.
This summer I took my girls to VBS and summer theatre camp.
But, I didn't sell my house.
This summer we swam at pools and the beach as much as we could.
But, I didn't take the girls to the Aquarium.
This summer we stayed up late and slept in.
But I didn't clean out my closet.
This summer we vacation with the family in Arizona.
But, I didn't take the girls camping.
This summer the girls performed Annie.
But, we never made it to a concert in the park.
This summer I read 6 books.
But, I still haven't started my next book club pick.
This was a good summer. I do like the beginning of a new school year. To me, it is exciting and a fresh new start. I just wish I could still sleep in and sip my coffee in my pj's on the couch every morning!

5 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

You did a lot! It went by too fast. I only (within the last two weeks) feel like I just started vacation so I'm not ready to go back at all! :(

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, you got a LOT accomplished this summer! Don't you hate when it ends? :(

Busy Bee Suz said...

It has gone by very fast...and YOU really did accomplish a lot! Best of luck tomorrow.
Suz

Jason, as himself said...

This summer I saw you once. But we didn't make out.

Hula Hank said...

Why is it, that we never get to see a bikini shot of you????