Saturday, October 15, 2011
Life Lessons
We are once again in full swing with theatre. The next performance is in February and the show is Alice In Wonderland. The girls, of course, wanted to audition. So, three weeks ago, we started the audition process. Bella was auditioning for a Tulip, Olivia, a Daisy. One week later, the call backs were up and both girls got a callback! So, the girls auditioned once again. We waited another week to see the results, and Olivia got a final callback, Bella did not. :( Tough night at our house. It was so hard as the mom to be happy for one kid, but sad for the other. Bella was great about it though. She cried for a minute and then was okay. A couple days later Olivia had her final callback. Before we left, Bella put Olivia on her lap and gave her a pep talk before her audition. I stood by watching the whole scene with a completely full heart and tears in my eyes. So, Liv and I go on a Sunday afternoon to the final auditions. She walked into that theatre without the comfort of her security blanket Bella. I was so proud of her for being so brave. When she came out a half hour later, her face was crushed. Apparently, there were a couple more lines to memorize. Oops! I was so nervous looking for their names on the callback list, I didn't see the part about a new scene. Well, Olivia didn't end up with a part either. She handled it well because, after all, it was my fault anyway. *sigh* We are so proud of the girls for having the gumption to audition and try for bigger parts. Maybe next time it will be their time! So, the girls are a part of the ensemble like they have always been. They will love it like they always have. AND I only have to take them to practice once a week. Everyone's a winner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those girls of yours are so brave. : )
They are so brave...you are right. I could not stand up there, audition and then possibly suffer the "no's" that come with this.
Life lessons; they are learning early.
I hope they are still having a great time doing what they love!!!
They took it all so well. Especially Bella! What great girls. What a great mom. Even if it was all your fault Olivia didn't get the part.
Wow! I am glad that I don't have to live with the guilt of being the cause of my daughter losing the role of a lifetime... especially so close to christmas time... I am sensing a new pony...
Post a Comment