Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Wicked
I love the theatre. I wish I knew how to act. I love musicals. I wish I could carry a tune. I loved to dance through my childhood and teenage years, but never had any real talent...although I thought I did! ;) My favorite movie, as you know is Wizard of Oz and well, when you put all of these loves together and wrap them into a neat little package...well, I'm just as happy as can be!
For the girl's birthday, we got them tickets to see Wicked. Wicked was in L.A. when the kids were about 3 and 4 years old. They wanted to see it then, but I knew they were too young. I promised them that when it came back to L.A. we would take them to see it. Well, wouldn't you know it, the play arrived just in time as a perfect birthday gift. You know my kids love the theatre and love to dance and sing. Without being overly dramatic, oh who are we kidding? this was one of my favorite moments as a mommy so far.
Look how excited they were!
If you have not seen Wicked...you must! It is so clever, funny, and has a great score! The girls absolutley loved it. In fact, Livvie wants to sing Popular for our school talent show. How much do I love this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Oh my hell! I LOVE WICKED!! I've seen it 3 times! The first time was when Ana Gasteyer was playing Elphaba. We got really lucky.
I'm sure your girls ate it up this time. If they want to see it back in ChiTown, I know the perfect person to take them...just sayin'...
I want to see it one day! I love the fantastic childhood you give to your girls. You inspire me!
Yay! So glad they had fun. Paul gets to go see Wicked next week. Luck out!
Can I make a true shocking confession here?
I don't actually like Wicked: The Musical.
I know! It is sacreligious to say that nowadays, especially that each production of Wicked that is going on takes in and average $1.5M per week.
To think that the original Broadway show cost $10M to produce.
I do however love two songs from the show (Popular being one of the two). So if your girls every do it, you MUST post a video of it.
The other song I love is DEFINITELY NOT Defying Gravity. I hate that song... Although the dance remix version isn't bad.
As much as dislike Wicked, I know that kids love it. Let's just face it, most of the new(ish) musicals are geared towards adults.
Is it also going to be shocking for me to say that I hate Mamma Mia? Because I do.
Phantom is my favorite musical and then Whicked. Two completely different plays. The singing talent in Phantom is like none other especially if you are as lucky as I am and got to see Michael Crawford, twice! I love the humor in Whicked. The girls are so very lucky.
I can't seem to respond to anything on my email!
My second fave is song is Noone Mourns the Wicked.
Plus I loves me some Kristen Chenoweth, she's not as pretty as you of course.
You crack me up: "without being overly dramatic"???
What a lovely memory maker for all of you.
I confess, that I've never seen wicked. Or saw wicked. Not sure how to say that properly.
Can you believe that Lo, my 18 year old is still scared to watch The Wizard Of Oz? Those damn flying monkies ruined it for her.
Happy new year!
Yes, Wicked was fun. Not quite as twisted as the book. You should read some of Gregory McGuire's other books. Wacky!
Post a Comment