Sunday, April 1, 2012
If I Hadn't Seen it With My Own Eyes
My husband is Mexican. We've been married for 12 years and I have experienced many new things, thanks to his culture. We've only been to one quincenara in our time together. It was very nice, very fun, and like a mini wedding. Yesterday, we went to the San Fernando Mission to work on Bella's 4th grade mission project. When we walked across the street, there were 3 quincenaras and 2 wedding parties taking photographs at the beautiful park.
This 15 year old had a fairy theme. (I feel words here would do an inservice to the picture. Let the picture speak to you.)
This lovely 15 year old looked like a scoop of rainbow sherbet...
Not to be outdone by her bridesmaids? friends? usherettes?
Next time you are bored on a Saturday...I highly recommend a picnic lunch and some people watching at the San Fernando Mission!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I think both of your girls absolutely will NEED Quincenera's when they turn 15 : )
I think both of your girls absolutely will NEED Quincenera's when they turn 15 : )
When I see these photos, I get the overwhelming urge to spray whipped cream on their heads.
Oh! And PS - If those were the bridemaids, what was the bride wearing????
It reminds me of "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding". However, that one girl has fairy wings on...I might dress like that if I got to wear fairy wings and a tiara. Definitely a tiara.
Oh my gosh...there is a lot of crinoline going on there!!
Yikes.
Wowza. Latino Catholic baptisms are also a great place to scope out amazing dresses.
Post a Comment