Today is the day the girls have been waiting for...forever. We are finally leaving for our trip to Disney World. A few months ago we had the bright idea to take the red eye so that we could sleep on the plane and not waste a day traveling. So, all day I kept the girls up so they would be dead tired by our 10:15 flight. We left home at around 4:30. We planned for traffic, stopped at our favorite Mexican food place for dinner, made time to park the car, and get to the airport with time to spare. Time to spare, indeed. We got to the airport by 7:00 and had 3 hours to kill. The girls colored, I read a magazine, Andy listened to his Ipod, Papa did a cross word puzzle, and Grandma people watched.
When we finally got on the plane, the girls were beat. We all were, actually. The seating arrangements were Grandma, Papa, and Bella...me, Andy and Olivia. Lucky for us, Olivia was asleep before the plane even took off. Bella took a few more minutes, but in no time everyone was asleep. Everyone, that is except for me and Bonnie. I can't sleep on planes. Oh, I try. I took a sleeping pill, I had an eye pillow, a neck pillow, and I was dog tired. But, still sleep evades me. I would get close and think, "oh, here it comes", but in the end...nothing. My legs would fall asleep. My butt was getting sore. My neck was crinked. Then there was the turbulence. Oh, holy crap, the turbulence. We started off kind of bumpy. Nothing too concerning. But, at one point the turbulence was so scary and rough that even my dad got scared. Luckily, the scary turbulence only lasted 5 minutes, but believe me it was 5 minutes long enough. The only other catastrophe we had was right before we were landing, Olivia fell off the seat onto the floor of the plane. I didn't see it happen because I had my "JLO eye mask" on. She got back up to the seat and fell right back to sleep. Mother of the Year.
The good news is, we arrived safely in Orlando. We stopped for breakfast, and tried to check into the time share. This was comedy too. My dad and Andy tried to get early check in, but were told they would be called when our rooms were ready. Two hours later, Andy and I were sleeping on the couches in the lobby completely unable to keep our eyes open. Well, that did it for my mom. She went up to the front desk and worked some of her Bonnie magic and got us our rooms. She told the hotel staff that her daughter and son-in-law were the "hobos" sleeping in the lobby and they needed to get us our rooms so we could sleep. Letting that woman talk sometimes sure does pay off. So, up to our rooms we went, took a 4 hour nap, and were good as new.
The timeshare has a great pool. It was warm enough to swim, so we got on our suits and went for a winter swim. It was surreal because they were playing Christmas music while we were swimming. Weird, but fun.
Tomorrow we are off to Epcot Center. I'm sure another adventure is in store for us!
3 comments:
I have been eagerly waiting this post. Glad you arrived safely. Happy to here you are keeping up your mother of the year status and sure wish I could have been there for a little Bon Bon Buckets taking charge of the early check in. Enjoy!
How fun! Did your school have this week off or are you playing hooky?
jealous.
Post a Comment