Monday, April 20, 2009
Family History
Once upon a time, there were two little girls. These two little girls had a Mommy and a Daddy who loved them very much. This Mommy and Daddy wanted to let their kids experience many of the things that they remembered from their childhood. So, Mommy and Daddy took the girls to Bob's Big Boy. The little girls were 20 months and 8 months old. They thought sitting on Bob was fun.
Well, 5 years later, these two little girls are much bigger now. Going to Bob's Big Boy has become a family tradition. We went there before we took Olivia home from the hospital. We stop there on the way home from vacations. We go there on a Saturday night for dinner. The girls still like to climb on Bob.
The first time we took Olivia to Bob's Big Boy, the waitress put the hot fudge cake in front of her and she grabbed a chunk and shoved it in her mouth...never tasting chocolate before. We marveled at how she knew to grab that dessert and go for it. Must take after her mother.
Well, some things never change. To watch these girls eat dessert is something of a phenomenon. The hot fudge cake tradition continues on. They're no dummies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Where do you go? Isn' there just one left down in the valley?
I love the photos from then and now.
Oh I love BBB. Remember when we used to have 2 in town? Now we have to go to the valley. Can I come next time?
We had one of these in the town where I went to college. I think it closed down now! I remember when we used to go out to eat and think that spending $5 was a ton. Isn't that crazy? This tells me, if nothing else, that I am old now.
PS That is how everyone should eat dessert : ). Fist full and face diving right in there!
A valley tradition after football games on Friday night! Thanks for jogging the memories!
Love the pictures of the girls (then & now)!
I love traditions...and pictures to go along with them.
This is an odd question...but did your husband and daughters go to the All Care Animal Hospital in Fountain Valley this week?
I was in there waiting to bring my kitty home and there were two little girls who looked just like yours and one of them was named Bella.
Was that your family?
Post a Comment