I haven't been to Magic Mountain since 1995 when I first began dating Andy. Now, some 14 years later I am taking my girls to the park I spent much of my youth. Weird. So, we had a great time today. The girls had read 6 hours in a contest at school and earned free MM tickets. So, today was the day. We went with another family from school and had a great time. You know I'm a Disney girl so, it is tough for MM to compete. However, Bugs Bunny land was super fun with lots of rides that cater to chickens like Olivia. We also hit Jet Stream, Log Jammer, Gold Rush (where I lost my sun glasses and thought, "Yep. This is about as roller coaster-ish as I need to go."), and Roaring Rapids. I laughed so hard on Roaring Rapids watching everyone get drenched that I am pretty sure I peed my pants a little. I'm also pretty sure that we would have lost Olivia on that ride if I hadn't been holding onto her. She got a HUGE tidal wave over her head, followed by a bump against a wall that sent us both flying. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
I'd like to say that while at Disney:
* I never question the integrity of the ride structures themselves.
*I've never seen a door of a ride fly open.
* I've never seen an employee asleep on the job.
* I've never seen an employee reprimand a child or a parent.
* I've never seen a fly or a bee or smelled throw up.
I'm just saying.
11 comments:
Oh J-Lo, I feel your pain. Being from Orlando we are used to the big time parks. Two summers ago I took my girls to Six Flags and yes we had a blast. But I spent the whole day noting all the things you'd never see at Disney! LOL!
PS- Your tits look HUGE in that photo!
Speaking of the smell of vomit, I hope you at least let the girls watch people ride Spin Out (it's probably called something else now, but it will always be Spin Out to me!)....we used to sit at Waterfront eating french fries and betting on which people getting on that ride would throw up....LOL!
You saw a door of a ride fly open? Yikes!
I love the all the laughter though!!
Hey Jen! We went to MM too when we were in town a couple weeks ago! That's so funny that you guys went too! :) We had a great time - not too many people there and Will & I got SOAKED on Roaring Rapids. I still love that ride. It was Will's first time riding a "real" roller coaster - not a kiddie one. He road Colossus and LOOOOOOVED it! :) No puking occurred nor were there any doors that opened on rides. How boring, huh? ;)
Well, I love that MM is five minutes away. And that if I want to be grouchy there, I can, without feeling guilty.
I'm thinking I don't need to take my kids there?? Whaddya think?
You can't expect anywhere that you go on a free ticket won't have a couple of vomit spot...it's an industry standard.
Let me just add that at Disney:
1. They give you another scoop of ice cream if your seven year old drops it instead of making you pay $10.00.
2. When someone does throw up, they clean it up so your seven year old does not put their hands in it.
3. When your iPhone drops on a ride because you were gripping a petrified 6 1/2 year old, they do not trap the nine year old kid behind you under a safety bar.
4. Everyone adult in the park must wear a shirt and shorts and shoes.
5. And I quote, "mommy, the bumper car kids at California Adventure have much nicer manners!"
But we had a great time too, so maybe, just maybe, I'll buy us passes there too...
Oh. My. Word.
I guess we are never going to go there : )
Thank you for the heads up!
And way to go super star girls winning free tickets! How cool is that?
If you call winning free tickets to a somewhat questionable and shady amusement park Great... : )
Too funny.
I haven't been to MM since I was 18! I don't have great memories of that place. It was my first job at 15 and all remember is dirty, hot and sweaty. Oh, and riots come to mind.
:-)
Post a Comment