Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gold Key


In 2nd grade, the kids work all school year memorizing their math facts +/- to 20. A few years ago, we started a motivational program called "Math Keys". Basically, everyone starts on the red (+1) key. They study their keys for the week, and then take a 1 minute times test. If they pass, they get the next color key. Each kid works at their own pace with the goal of making it to the gold key. There are 20 sets of keys in all. Well, look who made it to the gold!!

There is even a bulletin board in the school hallway of all of the Gold Key winners. Bella is pretty proud of herself and now she gets to start memorizing multiplication! Third grade is just around the corner!

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Way to go, Bella!!

Lacking Productivity said...

Gold keys. Pink leopard bedroom. That girl is freaking fancy.

sburns said...

The leopard bedroom is Olivia not Bella. Bella still loves her Butterflies. I think she will keep the butterflies until she moves out! Congratulations Bella. Grandma loved seeing you picture up on the board. When I walk by it I get a huge smile on my face.

Unknown said...

That is so great. Kaish has a hard time with math. It is a hair pulling time for sure... I am glad you don't have to deal with that stress.

dkuroiwa said...

Yeah, Bella!!
I love that kind of motivation....we're trying to find something for our youngest to get him interested in math...maybe we can do something like that here at home! thanks for the idea!!