Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ronald Regan Library

In 5th grade, the kids go to the Ronald Regan library on a field trip. Bella and my dad went and loved it. I had never been. They were having a Lincoln exhibit over the summer and, being the teacher nerd that I am, I wanted to see Lincoln's stove pipe hat! They had a ton of Lincoln's personal effects. They also had 2 sets from the recent Speilberg movie, Lincoln. The Regan library is awesome. The Regan exhibit is extensive. The best part is getting to go on Air Force One. They take your picture as you are getting on, which you can then buy as a souvenir. I hammed it up for the photo as if I was a real first lady. My family wasn't amused. You know how embarrassing I am! We ended up buying a season pass...in November they have Christmas trees from around the world and a new exhibit coming in September. You should visit this library if you have never been!

3 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I have never been. I have always heard really good things about it though.

Anonymous said...

I agree. We took the girls again before school started. Loved it. Loved the Lincoln exhibit. Worth going.

Unknown said...

I want to visit. I love Ronald Regan. I love libraries. I love parents that do educational things with their kids. I bet you would be an awesome first lady!